In honor of National Safety Council’s (NSC) National Safety Month 2020, J-Band is joining the effort to bring awareness to saving lives and preventing injuries from the workplace to anyplace. According to NCS:
- Every 7 seconds, someone is injured in a car crash
- Every 15 minutes, someone is killed
- Motor vehicle crashes are the number 1 cause of workplace death
As motorists and workers, we must remember that we are all in this together.
It takes effort from everyone on the road to ensure workers and motorists can make it home to their families at the end of their workday. In the construction and materials industry, the roads become our office. It is extremely important to keep education and safety for everyone on the road at the front of our minds.
Here are the top 5 ways motorists can do their part:
- Stay alert and keep your eyes on the road
- Stay off your cell phone
- Always wear your seatbelt
- Obey all speed limits and traffic designations
- Pay attention to pedestrians and workers in work zones
Here are the top 5 ways workers can ensure safety in the work zone:
- Wear the correct PPE in the work zone
- Keep an eye out for all fellow coworkers
- Ensure speed limit and work zone signs are clearly visible
- Put up the proper lighting and barriers around a work zone
- Keep an eye out for all traffic coming through
Follow along J-Band social media this month for more tips on workplace safety!